Design Manufacturing Shipping Policy
We ship fast! Most stock items usually ship within 48 hours of receiving your order.
Some of our products are make-to-order and may have production lead times before shipment. If you have specific in-hands requirements our customer service representatives can provide production lead times if necessary.
- We offer these convenient shipping services: FedEx small package and freight as well you may use any of your own carrier accounts.
- Shipping Rates do not apply if using your own carrier account for shipping.
- A small handling charge will be applied to all orders unless volume required is met. This will be seen in the shopping cart.
- Products are bulk packed unless otherwise listed.
*** Shipping estimates are available by adding product to your shopping cart and entering your location inside your shopping cart.
* The map above is a general representation of transit times for FedEx Ground shipments to commercial destinations. Transit times may differ between shipments to commercial and residential destinations. FedEx Ground business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
USING YOUR OWN SHIPPING ACCOUNT — FREIGHT COLLECT
If you have a preferred carrier that you would like to use please provide us with the account number inside your shopping cart. Carriers include but are not limited to: FedEx, UPS and most other motor freight carriers. Additionally, you may be responsible for contact with your carrier, providing a Bill of Lading or other applicable paperwork as per the carrier, as well as any claims against the trucking company should that be necessary. Your specified carrier will bill you directly. A small handling charge will be applied to all orders that ship on customer accounts.
MOTOR FREIGHT DELIVERY
For large or heavy shipments, typically over 150 lbs., it may be less costly to ship LTL instead of FedEx or UPS. We always ship freight by what is believed to be the most reliable and inexpensive carrier to your location. Shipping charges are FOB, factory.
Additional services are available and may be required for motor freight delivery.
Liftgate Service – During checkout, specify Liftgate Service if you need your shipment unloaded off the truck. This is recommended for residential motor freight and businesses without a loading dock. Charges for this service are dependent on carrier.
Inside Delivery – During checkout, specify Liftgate with Inside Delivery if you need your shipment unloaded off the truck and delivered through the first door or out of the weather. Charges for this service are dependent on carrier.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, some freight carriers may not be offering Inside Delivery. Please call us to inquire if you believe inside delivery is needed for your shipment.
Limited Access Location – Locations that are deemed Limited Access by the carrier may incur an additional charge. Contact a Design Mfg. customer service representative for questions regarding this charge. Limited Access locations include but are not limited to:
• Hospitals, clinics, health facilities
• Construction sites
• Military bases / installations
• Sites requiring security inspections prior to delivery
• Commercial establishments not open to walk-in public during normal business hours
We offer next day air and economical two-day delivery options on many items in stock. Place your order by 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time for same day shipping. If you miss this cut off time you may call us to see if we can accommodate your request.
We only ship to the United States, Canada or Mexico at this time.
A shipping tracking number will be available once an order has been processed online or invoiced and shipped. You may also receive an email from the shipping carrier. Please provide an email address so a tracking number may be sent to you electronically. If you have created an online Design Mfg. account, shipping information will be included within your dashboard.
WHAT TO DO WHEN A SHIPMENT ARRIVES
Check and inspect the package (before the delivery driver leaves, when possible). Before signing the delivery receipt, inspect for the correct number of packages and for damages to packaging and note the nature and extent of any shortage or damage on the paperwork you sign. For freight shipments, this would be a POD (Proof of Delivery).
You may refuse delivery only when there is obvious damage to actual merchandise. You must immediately notify us that you have refused the order by calling Customer Service at 888-487-6140.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF DAMAGE
- DO NOT RETURN DAMAGED MERCHANDISE. Please inspect all package contents for damages upon arrival. If damage is found, report damage to Customer Service at 888-487-6140 within 5 business days.
- Save the damaged shipping box(es) and internal packaging. For freight deliveries, even save the pallet(s).
- For Freight deliveries, you must make a notation on your POD or delivery paperwork describing the exterior damage you see (or you can note “DAMAGE SUSPECTED, FURTHER INSPECTION REQUIRED”). If additional inside damage is discovered, damage claims will only be accepted if the paperwork is noted, otherwise the carrier may deny the claim.
PROBLEMS/QUESTIONS REGARDING ORDER SHIPPING
The customer will be responsible for any and all costs arising from incorrect and/or incomplete shipping account or destination information. These costs include, but are not limited to charges for erroneous deliveries, invalid customer provided shipping account numbers, return shipping charges, storage fees and any other extra or additional costs and expenses.
For questions regarding your order, please contact us. Feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service Department at 888-487-6140, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.